So you’re about to go away and you’re worried you have forgotten something. Don’t worry, with this checklist, together we can make sure you’ve got everything you need for your holiday.
- Passport – a lot of travelers overlook their passport. At first it seems like an obvious choice, but what isn’t so obvious is the rules and regulations behind a passport. You must ensure it is valid and follows the guidelines set. You can see those guidelines here.
- Documentation – the most common documents needed when travelling include: proof of booking, flight tickets and more. If you are unsure exactly what documents you need, click here.
- Travel – Don’t leave it until the last minute to sort out your travel to and from the airport. Will you be driving? Will you book a taxi? You also need to pay for parking, if necessary in advance.
- Currency – It is best to convert your money before you go and keep it on you at all times. If you would feel safer, you can get a holiday card which acts like a debit card but for your foreign currency.
- Insurance – Hopefully it won’t come into use but it’s better safe than sorry. Travel Insurance tends to be from as little as £10 and can save you up to millions. You may also be eligible for an EHIC Card.
- Phone – Despite the occasional Facebook Status, phones are vital for getting in contact whilst in a foreign country. If you plan on taking your own, it is a good idea to get it insured. You could also buy a cheap phone on pay as you go just for the one off.
- Camera – One of the most important items for your holiday. Use it as much as possible and you will thank yourself later.
- Medication – The last thing you want to be doing on holiday is running around stores looking for medication, make sure you’re completely prepared so that you can sit back and relax.
- Clothes – Obviously clothes are pretty much an essential but here’s a quick rundown of what you’ll need: Sunglasses, Swimming Trunks, Tops, Trousers, Underwear, Socks, Beach Towel, Sandals/Footwear and more.
We hope this list helped and if you still need more information about going abroad you can click here.